Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Different Dakota Fanning on Cosmopolitan Cover!

Dakota Fanning isn't the adorable, scene-stealing child star from I Am Sam anymore.
The 17-year-old actress debuted a mature new look on the February issue of Cosmopolitan by wearing a plunging, figure-hugging J. Mendel dress. Fanning was named the magazine's "Fun Fearless Female of the Year," following in the footsteps of Mila Kunis.
Fanning, who's in the midst of her freshman year at New York University, tells the magazine she's always felt comfortable in her own skin, even in the glare of the spotlight.

"Since I was young, I've always known who I was," the actress says. "I never really had to go through finding who I am. I've always felt really secure."
Kristen Stewart, 21, witnessed Fanning's quiet confidence firsthand while shooting 2010's The Runaways.

"We had a few scenes that were crazy intimidating, and maybe once or twice, she was like, 'Okay, I have a butterfly in my stomach,'" Stewart recalls. "Meanwhile, I'm hyperventilating! Sometimes I give her sh-t for being so on the ball."